On completion of this course you will:
- become familiar with the origins and history of cocktails
- understand the different types of equipment and how to use it
- become knowledgeable on the different techniques used when creating cocktails
- learn how to make a selection of classic cocktails
- learn how to create your own cocktails
Completion of this course will enable employers to demonstrate that appropriate training has been conducted, and will provide a valuable support for employment opportunities in this area of work.
The course covers the following modules:
- The History of Cocktails
- Cocktail Equipment: Equipment, Glassware, Garnishes and Ice
- Cocktail Methodology: Building Shaking, Stirring, Muddling, Layering, Interpreting recipes
- Cocktail production: Eight classic cocktails…an insight Eight classic cocktails, Cocktail recipes
- Cocktail Development: Categorising cocktails, Using your senses, Balancing cocktails; sweet, sour, strong, and weak, Balance of a Capirinha, Activity, Flavour matching, Classic combinations, Design your own cocktail, Working flair.
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been complete
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]