Most businesses use substances, or products that could cause harm to people were they exposed to them, either through inhaling or direct contact. COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous, and prevent or reduce workers’ exposure to those hazardous substances. This course provides training in accordance with the guidance provided by the revised Code of Practice 6 April 2005 in regard to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. The second part of the course is based upon the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (as amended). This course explains the need for Personal Protective Equipment and its correct use.
This course is certified by TQA Ltd. TQA is an independent training quality assurance company that assesses the quality of content and its compliance to the standard that governs the topic. TQA requires that ever learner completes an assessment to confirm that the learner’s knowledge of the subject meets the criteria for competence.
- The meaning of COSHH, its purpose and about the law that governs.
- Responsibilities of an employer and employee.
- Physical controls.
- Procedural controls.
- Protection by information.
- COSHH related risk assessment.
- Control measures that can be used to limit risk.
- The correct use of PPE.
- Considerations before using PPE.
- Safety checks when using full body suits.
- The need for protective equipment.
- Your responsibility and that of your employer.
- The areas of the human body that need protection.
- Examples of personal protective equipment and the considerations to be before use.
- Safety considerations regarding hearing.
- Noise suppression.
- Examples of noise related personal protective equipment.
- Skin protection, body, head, eyes, respiratory, lungs, hands and feet protection.
There is an online assessment for this course which requires a 90% pass rate to obtain a certificate of achievement, which can be downloaded.
This online course is mobile responsive on an iPad and Kindle.
10% discount for between 10 and 24 users purchased, 20% for between 25 and 49 users. For discounts on purchases of larger numbers please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]