The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
- Demonstrate all targets are SMART
- State the difference between productivity, retail and technical targets
- Recognise personal training needs
- Outline efficient use of time management
- Identify legislation relating to productivity and development
Setting Productivity and Development Targets
- i-Ask: Setting Productivity and Development Targets
- i-Ask: Continuing Professional Development, Productivity Targets and Legal Requirements
- i-Check: Understanding Productivity and Development Targets
- i-Check: SMART Targets, Retail Targets and Legal Documentation Within the Salon Industry
- i-Test: Understanding Appraisals, Time Management and Technical Service Targets
- i-Test: Legal Requirements for a Salon
Performance Management ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Ask: Performance Management ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Check: Performance Management ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Test: Performance Management ― Salon Manager Role
Staff Recruitment Process and Monitoring Stock Usage ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Practice: Staff Recruitment Process ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Practice: Staff Recruitment Process ― Salon Manager Role (Assessment)
- i-Practice: Monitoring Stock Usage and Ensuring Records Are Kept Up to Date ― Salon Manager Role
- i-Practice: Monitoring Stock Usage and Ensuring Records Are Kept Up to Date ― Salon Manager Role (Assessment)
Stock Take Procedure ― Technician’s Role
- i-Practice: Stock Take Procedure ― Technician’s Role
- i-Practice: Stock Take Procedure ― Technician’s Role (Assessment)
The suite of Hairdressing courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.