The online materials include case studies, quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through each topic.
In addition, learners will receive access to factsheets, useful links and an online assessment to check their learning on completion of the course.
Topics covered include:
- the different ‘types’ of dignity
- key issues that affect dignity
- how people’s dignity may be undermined by the type of care they receive
- why dignity is at the heart of the caring professions
- legislation that relates to human rights, dignity and respect
- how a person’s dignity can be supported when the following needs are met:
- Provision of person-centred care
- Good nutrition
- Good pain management
- Assistance with hygiene and personal care
- Practical assistance
- Social inclusion and active participation
- methods of communicating
- barriers to communication
- the principles of good communication
- key points of good practice when handling personal information
- the role of confidentiality in supporting dignity in care
- the key principles of data protection.
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.