During this CPD Certified online course on Communication in Health and Social Care you will;
Understand the importance of effective communication at work
- Describe the different ways that people communicate
- Describe how communication affects relationships at work
- Describe why it is important to observe and be receptive to an individual’s reactions when communicating with them
Understand how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals
- Describe how to establish an individual’s communication and language needs, wishes and preferences
- List a range of communication methods and styles that could help meet an individual’s communication needs, wishes and preferences
Understand how to promote effective communication
- List barriers to effective communication
- Describe ways to reduce barriers to effective communication
- Describe how to check whether they (the HCSW/ASCW) have been understood
- Describe where to find information and support or services, to help them communicate more effectively
Understand the principles and practices relating to confidentiality
- Describe what confidentiality means in relation to their role
- List any legislation and agreed ways of working to maintain confidentiality in day to day communication
- Describe situations where information, normally considered to be confidential, might need to be passed on
- Describe who they should ask for advice and support about confidentiality
Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication:
- Eye Contact
- Body language
- Symbols and pictures
- Objects of reference
- Human and technical aids
- Communication may take place:
- Face to face
- By telephone or text
- By email, internet or social networks
- By written report or letters
Support the use of appropriate communication aids/technologies
- Ensure that any communication aids/ technologies are:
- Work properly
- In good repair
- Report any concerns about the communication aid/ technology to the appropriate person. This could include:
- Senior member of staff
The course is aimed at all healthcare professionals.
This CPD Certified online course duration is approximately 35 minutes.
Skills for Care
This online course is from a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence for e-Learning. Skills for Care is the employer-led strategic body for workforce development in social care for adults in England. Their Centre of Excellence award is for ‘exemplary practice going above and beyond, constantly evolving to meet the needs of adult social care and being innovative in the delivery to ensure the needs of the learners are met’.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
This online course contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce their learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.