Through market leading graphics and interactions, as well as up-to-the-minute content, you’ll become confident to produce and serve a wide range of coffees. The course is aimed not only for coffee shops but also restaurants, hotels and bars.
On completion of this course you will be familiar with:
- the origins and history of coffee
- how to use the different types of equipment and how it should be used
- how to make the perfect espresso
- the differences between steamed and frothed milk and how to prepare it
- the different styles of coffee
- how to make a selection of coffees
The course covers the following modules:
- Coffee Origins And Characteristics: Coffee origins and characteristics, History of coffee, The coffee plant, The beans, Coffee cultivation and characteristics, Decaffeinated coffee.
- The Essential Equipment: The Essential equipment, Coffee Machine, The grinder, Other useful equipment.
- The Perfect Espresso: Making the perfect espresso, Four steps to the perfect espresso
- Milk: Steaming milk, Foaming milk, Which milk?
- Making Great Coffee: Making great coffee, Classic coffees, Liqueur coffees, Coffee styles, Working efficiently, How to work efficiently-video
- Latte Art: Preparing for latte art, Three basic designs, The technique.
- Caring For Your Equipment: Caring for your equipment, How to clean your coffee machine, Cleaning the group heads, How to clean your grinder.
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been complete
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.