During the course, which is assessed through a portfolio of evidence, you will cover practical use of the entire range of digital marketing channels including WordPress websites, Email newsletters, Social networking, Videos, Mobile, and E-books as well as marketing theories and principles including competitor analysis, market audits, marketing strategy and planning, policies and content planning. Learning is covered in a practical way so you can immediately apply what you are learning to your real work situation.
This qualification is delivered online through a series of regular, live, online group seminars. These not only provide the opportunity to seek guidance directly from your course tutor but also offer the opportunity for group discussion and interaction. These class webinars are supported by online E-learning modules which are completed in the learners’ own time between seminars.
To achieve the qualification, learners must complete the following units:
- Digital marketing metrics and analytics
- Principles of marketing and evaluation
- Understand the business environment
- Understand legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in sales and marketing
- Principles of social media within a business
- Principles of keywords and optimisation
- Using collaborative technologies
- Content management system website creation
- Principles of social media advertising and promotion
- Imaging software
- Develop own professionalism
- Content marketing
- E-mail marketing
- Produce copy for digital media communication
- Video software
The learning and assessment process is:
- Flexible– learn when you want, where you are (Internet connection needed).
- Practical– no exams, implement what you learn immediately.
- Structured– you follow a schedule of e-learning, webinars, assignments and projects over a 15-month period, so you have deadlines to work towards.
- Assessed– we ask you to complete 18 assignments and 3 projects and you will receive individual feedback on each question on each assignment/ project so you can track your progress. Feedback is relevant to your situation.
- Supported– you can contact your personal assessor at any time to ask about the assignments, the learning or how you are implementing what you are learning.
- Up to date– all e-learning is updated every 6 months and you will also have access to a monthly update document covering all the updates in the social media industry.
- Detailed– you will be given a huge amount of content about digital marketing which you can use in your own business or you can use to set up a freelance consultancy.
- Accredited– this is an internationally recognised qualification from City & Guilds, and we are proud of the quality standards this means we need to adhere to.
- UCAS– successful completion of this course is worth 32 UCAS points.
- You will attend 19 live online class webinars 3 – 4 weeks apart. If you are unable to attend live, recordings are available.
- You can join a supportive group of peers and alumni who can help you through the course with ideas and guidance.
- You will complete 17 e-learning courses to learn the how and why of each of the channels.
- Learning is carried out remotely online. All you need is a web-enabled laptop, PC or tablet with a decent Internet connection and you can study from anywhere and whenever you want.
- You will have a dedicated course tutor who you are encouraged to contact with questions queries or even if you just want to say hello and discuss digital marketing (we are a friendly bunch).
- Your tutor can also help you in a coaching capacity, helping with job references, new business ventures, networking and even writing your first proposal.
- During the course, you will be provided with monthly update documents that summarise all you need to know about what is changing in the world of digital marketing.
This course is designed for all those that wish to distinguish themselves from their peers with professional, practical knowledge of the use of digital marketing in a business. There are no course prerequisites but those that do not have experience of using social media may want to consider undertaking the City and Guilds Certificate in social media first. In order to provide the evidence required for this qualification, you should be able to represent a business or organisation.
Around 15 months. Everybody who takes the qualification starts at a different level of knowledge and the time it takes to complete will vary appropriately. We suggest that in order to complete the learning within the time scale, approximately 10 hours a week is needed, but that does depend on your knowledge base of the topics. If you wish to take longer, that is also possible as the qualification is designed to fit around a busy working lifestyle.
When Can I Start?
3 cohorts are run during the year. Typically starting in February, June and Ocotober. Each cohort is a maximum of 10 people so that you can each be given a high level of personal support. Please contact us to find out when the next cohort starts.
Can I Pay in Instalments?
Payment via interest free instalments is avaiable, contact us for further information on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.