Teaching and learning is by a combination of directed study and set tasks; examinations are not required to achieve this qualification. Candidates can enrol at any time and work through the programme at their own pace.
All units, with the exception of Managing Dimensional Control on Sites can be studied online. Managing Dimensional Control on Sites incorporates a practical aspect which necessitates a workshop based assignment. The workshop can be arranged in your workplace, with photographic evidence being supplied to your tutor, however, this must be signed off by someone at work who is a member of the CIOB. Alternatively you may be able to attend a two day residential workshop at the trainer’s premises.
Please note this unit consists of two parts – Part 1 Assignment Based and Part 2 Workshop Based. Each part of this unit is charged as a complete module giving a total cost of £555.00 + VAT for Unit 5.
CSCS White Professionally/Academically Qualified Persons Card
As from the 1st November 2019 the Level 4 Certificate in Site Management will now be eligible for the CSCS White Professionally/Academically Qualified Persons card, which is an equivalent level to the black card, but demonstrates on completion of an academic qualification that the candidates knowledge has been assessed.
CSCS Black Site Managers Card
Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Site Management and the relevant CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test enables candidates to apply for the CSCS Black Site Managers card.
To apply for the Black Card the CITB SMSTS test must have been achieved within the last two years. The test can therefore be taken before or after achieving the CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Site Management qualification and costs £21.00. Information on booking the test can be found HERE, along with suggestions for revision aids.
Candidates should have a CV that shows that they have two years’ experience on a construction site with some general management responsibility.
Candidates wishing to obtain the CIOB qualification will be required to submit their CV to confirm their suitability and a one off additional fee of £120.00 for CIOB registration covering the complete programme of all units. This will be requested by CIOB at the beginning of the course.
If, following a purchase through the website, it is decided that the candidate does not meet the entry requirements eLearning Marketplace guarantees a full refund of any payments made.
Whether on the Certificate or Diploma all candidates are required to complete the unit on Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk Control at Work unless they hold the SMSTS which can be used as an exemption. So for the Certificate candidates have to achieve this unit plus 3 further units.
Level 4 Certificate in Site Management (4 units) £820 + applicable VAT
In order to obtain the Level 4 Certificate in Site Management the candidate must complete 4 units, to include the mandatory Unit 4, within 12 months and each unit must be completed within 3 months:
- Unit 1: – Project Planning for Construction
- Unit 2: – Project Control and Monitoring for Construction
- Unit 3: – Managing the Quality of Construction Work
- Unit 4 – Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk Control within a Construction Site
- Unit 5 – Managing Dimensional Control on Construction Sites (please see course details above)
- Unit 6 – Developing and Managing Self and Construction Personnel
- Unit 7 – Improving Managerial Skills within a Construction Environment
- Unit 8 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities within a Construction Environment
- Unit 9 – Estimating and Measuring Work within a Construction Environment
- Unit 10 – Managing Sub-Contractors within a Construction Environment
- Unit 11 – Managing Building Services within a Construction Environment
- Unit 12 – Managing the Technology of Modern Construction
Note: The unit numbers relate to the CIOB unit numbering
Level 4 Diploma in Site Management £1990.00 (8 units) + applicable VAT
In order to obtain the Level 4 Diploma in Site Management the candidate must complete 8 units within 24 months from the above list in addition to the 4 units achieved for the Certificate. Each unit must be completed in 3 months.
Candidates may go straight on to the Diploma, rather than complete the Certificate, and will then need to complete 12 units, which includes Unit 4.
Please note that CIOB registration is NOT included in the cost of the course and it costs £120.00.
Simon Wellham ACIOB, FCMI
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the tasks set, and I have learnt new and reinforced existing knowledge and techniques. The pliable deadlines fit round my work commitments enabling me to focus on the coursework without any disruption to ongoing projects. The coursework I have now completed has underpinned the work I have been involved with over the years and given a visible credence by means of certification to my ability within the Construction Industry.“
Payment Options and Discounts
If you would like to discuss paying by unit please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0844 854 9218.
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.