What is the GCC?
The Graduate Conversion Certificate is a nationally recognised qualification which provides a route to chartered membership for those who hold a degree in a subject unconnected to construction. Learners undertake 6 units selected from the Level 4 Management Qualification, which develop the underpinning knowledge and skills required of a competent construction manager. Upon completion of the course, graduates receive a CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Site Management.
Who is it for?
The course is designed for graduates working in the industry whose academic qualifications are not connected to construction. Suitable candidates will hold a degree in any subject but must be working in a management role in the construction industry.
The CIOB Graduate Conversion Certificate provides a balance of structured academic and practical learning and skills development that supports and develops graduates into a career in the industry. It gives the learner a QCF/RQF accredited qualification at level 4, provides access to the CSCS black card for managers and prepares learners for the Professional Review and full chartered membership of the CIOB via the Professional Review.
In order to obtain the GCC the candidate must complete 6 units, to include the mandatory Unit 4, each unit must be completed within 3 months. If you have a SMSTS then you will need to complete 5 units;
- Unit 1: – Project Planning for Construction
- Unit 2: – Project Control and Monitoring for Construction
- Unit 3: – Managing the Quality of Construction Work
- Unit 4 – Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk Control within a Construction Site
- Unit 5 – Managing Dimensional Control on Construction Sites (please see extra unit details below)
- Unit 6 – Developing and Managing Self and Construction Personnel
- Unit 7 – Improving Managerial Skills within a Construction Environment
- Unit 8 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities within a Construction Environment
- Unit 9 – Estimating and Measuring Work within a Construction Environment
- Unit 10 – Managing Sub-Contractors within a Construction Environment
- Unit 11 – Managing Building Services within a Construction Environment
- Unit 12 – Managing the Technology of Modern Construction
Note: The unit numbers relate to the CIOB unit numbering
Entry Requirements and CIOB Registration
Candidates wishing to obtain the GCC must have a degree, the certificate of which you will be required to submit along with a one off additional fee of £120.00 for CIOB registration covering the complete programme of all units. Please note that CIOB registration is NOT included in the cost of the course. This will be requested by CIOB on enrolment. If payment is not received within 6 weeks of commencement CIOB will charge an additional £25.00 for late registration.
If, following a purchase through the website, it is decided that the candidate does not meet the entry requirements eLearning Marketplace guarantees a full refund of any payments made.
All tutors/assessors are extremely well qualified and experienced in relation to the construction industry, its qualifications and their delivery.
Cost is on a unit basis as this will enable units to be studied for Continued Professional Development (CPD) as well as part of a qualification.
The cost per unit is £205 + VAT and includes access to all learning material, assessment and certification for the CIOB qualifications. In addition, a one-off charge of £120 for CIOB registration is payable on commencement of each course.
For Unit 5 – Maintaining the Dimensional Control an additional charge of £375 + VAT (excluding food and accommodation) is charged for the 2 day practical workshop no matter who or where the candidate may be based. Please note this charge is on top of the £205 + VAT cost for the unit.
If you need to resubmit your assignment more than twice (within the 3 months of the unit completion time) you will need to pay an additional charge of £100 for each additional submission.
Any assignments which are required to be re-submitted after the 3 months completion time will require the candidate to re-enrol for the unit. The cost of this is £205 + VAT.
Cost Advantages of eLearning
This mode of study has numerous cost advantages over conventional study as there are no on-going travel costs and it enables students to study at a time which is convenient to them. It does not restrict access to learning by distance or dependency on a local provider offering the course. It is also more convenient and cost effective to employers who do not lose work time.
Payment Options and Discounts
If you would like to discuss paying by unit please email email@example.com or telephone 0844 854 9218.
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.