- Artemis Introduction
- Understanding your Role and the Roles of Others
- Discrimination and Prejudice
- Introduction to Child Development
- Effective Communication
- Recognising Challenging Behaviour
- Context of Family
- Keeping Good Records
- Health Issues
- Understanding Confidentiality
- Forms of Abuse
- What Children Want and Need to Feel Safe
- Risk Assessment
This course is for anybody working within the Children’s Workforce.
- To achieve a better understanding of how their role and the role of others affect the well-being of children
- To understand how the context of their surroundings can impact on the child or young person
- To understand how their knowledge of child development underpins everything that they do when they come into contact with children and young people
- To understand the meaning of discrimination and prejudice
- To learn the basic principles of good record keeping
- To learn how to refer concerns of abuse or neglect of a child or young person
- To achieve a full understanding of confidentiality and be able to determine when or not to share confidential information
- To be introduced to a wide range of resources
- To recognise the range of needs that children and young people may experience
- To learn strategies to use when communicating to ensure maximum success
- To achieve the knowledge to undertake a risk assessment
- To be able to identify different behaviours, understand the nature of differing behaviours and how to challenge those behaviours appropriately
- To recognise that health issues are of great importance to the lives and well-being of children and young people
The average time to complete all 13 modules and the evaluation is approximately 7 to 10 hrs. All learning can be completed in many sittings as all course work is saved.
10% discount for 10 users purchased and 15% discount for 20 users. For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]