On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explore your understanding of what constitutes challenging behaviour
- Identify what might trigger challenging behaviour
- Develop an understanding of the theory of de-escalation
- Recognise the causes and signs of escalation
- Identify the right time to intervene
- Explore the benefits of various conflict management strategies within the Kilmann grid
- Develop additional communication and empathy skills
- Recognise how non-verbal communication methods can affect the outcome
- Understand what impact your choices in intervention methods can have on the outcome
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation techniques
- Identify the benefits of learning from conflict
This course takes approximately 100 minutes.
The course contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce the learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.