On completion of this course you will:
- understand cellar equipment
- learn how to receive and store cask ales and keg beer
- learn how to manage stock, control wastage and correctly change kegs
- learn about cellar safety, risk assessments, reporting accidents, line cleaning and hygiene procedures
- learn about the factors involved in creating the “perfect serve” (styles of beer, glassware, fault finding, pouring)
The course will enable employers to demonstrate that appropriate training has been conducted, and will provide a valuable support for employment opportunities in this area of work.
The course covers the following modules:
- Knowing Your Cellar: Cellar Equipment, Storing Drinks, Cask Ale and Keg Beer.
- Working In A Cellar: Taking Deliveries, Stock Control, Stock Wastage, Changing Kegs, Casks and Gas.
- Cellar Safety And Hygiene: Cellar Safety, Risk Assessment and Reporting Accidents, Cellar Hygiene, Beer Line Cleaning.
- The Perfect Serve: Styles of Beer, Glassware, Pouring Beer, Fault Finding, The Perfect Pint.
This course has been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality [IOH], the Scottish Qualifications Authority [SQA] and Quality Marked by the Hospitality Guild.
The certificate can be downloaded from within the course once the learning has been complete
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]