This comprehensive online course provides you with an interactive and engaging way to learn about the bones and the human skeletal system. Broken down into easily digested sections, this course takes you through the structure and function of bones, the different types of joints found in the body (along with their movements) and how exercise affects joints and the skeleton.
Once you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify bone names and bone types
- Understand the functions of the skeleton
- Identify the five sections of the vertebral column and the number of vertebrae in each section
- Describe the four curves of the vertebral column and their purpose
- Understand the structure and function of inter-vertebral discs
- Describe the different movements possible at the vertebral column and their purpose
- Understand the exaggerated curves of the spine
- Describe the shoulder and pelvic girdles and their importance in exercise
- Describe the structure of a mature long bone and name its components
- Describe the process of ossification
- State the roles of osteoblasts and osteoclasts
- Identify joints and understand how to use them safely during exercise
- Name the six different types of synovial joint
- Describe the structure of a synovial joint
- Describe the standard anatomical position
- Use technical terms to describe joint movements
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].