- This innovative eLearning course provides a truly interactive way of examining key requirements of UK healthcare waste
- Aimed at anyone in England and Wales involved with the management of healthcare waste, including those working in hospitals, surgeries, dental practices, pharmacies, residential homes and veterinary practices.
- Endorsed by the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) and counts towards 4 hours CPD and 4 hours SLD.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone in England and Wales who is involved in the management of healthcare waste, including those working in hospitals, surgeries, dental practices, pharmacies, residential homes and veterinary practices.
Please Note: The legislation introduced within this course is only relevant to audiences in England and Wales. Alternate versions of the course for audiences in Scotland and in Northern Ireland are currently under development and will be available very soon.
What you will learn
Module 1: Introduction to Waste and Healthcare Waste
This Module provides an introduction to the different types of healthcare waste and how to correctly classify them. This is important because different healthcare wastes have specific legal requirements associated with their handling, storage, treatment and disposal.
Module 2: Introduction to Best Practice Waste Management of Healthcare Waste
Module 2 provides an introduction to sustainable waste management and available best practice.
- Part 1 of this module looks at best practice waste management including the drivers and benefits of sustainable waste management. It introduces the Waste Hierarchy as a best practice foundation.
- Part 2 focuses on the importance of waste segregation, including a review of the colour-coded system and how you can use this to manage your healthcare waste.
Module 3: Healthcare Waste and Legislation
This Module covers the legislation that exists for the management of waste and what you must do to ensure you comply with it. The module is split into 4 parts:
- Part 1 provides an overview of what legislation exists, why it exists, who it applies to, and the concept of Duty of Care.
- Part 2 covers more complex waste regulation and legislation: how and why it’s relevant when handling, managing and disposing of healthcare waste.
- Part 3 covers the legal requirements relating to segregating waste, storing waste, storage containers and labelling waste, as well as an introduction to the European Waste Catalogue.
- Part 4 covers key legal documents for managing waste, why these documents are important and how these documents are used to track waste movements and authorise specific waste management activities
“Cloud Sustainability courses are informative and concise whilst being fun to learn. They contain exquisite graphics with interactive quizzes. The short snappy modules are made to fit in with any busy schedule. I look forward to completing the others to help me with my role as an Award Winning Sustainability Champion.”
Lisa B Jeffries, Senior Clinical Technician, School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield
To find out if discounts are available for multiple purchases or for mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]