The Ultimate Crash Course on Graphic Design
- Master the most widely used software in graphic designing
- Learn the principles of graphics design and visual communication
- Gain an insight into the current graphic design industry
- Understand how to forge a career path as a graphic designer
- Graphic Design for All
This course is aimed at aspiring graphic designers, web designers and digital artists who wish to develop a skill set needed to become a professional graphic designer. Suitable for both complete beginners and those who already have some knowledge of the industry; this course will prepare you for a career as a graphics designer through familiarising you with the concepts, principles and – most importantly – the software you’ll need to know.
You’ll learn everything from working with layers and selections in Photoshop, to formatting text and menus in Dreamweaver, to using pathfinders and special effects in Illustrator.
As well as equipping you with a valuable skill set, you will also learn how to get your foot in the door of the graphic design world, from how to land your first job, to finding continued inspiration, to the ins and outs of joining the graphics design community.
On completion of this course, you will have the strong foundation needed to get started in the world of graphic design, along with the skills needed to start working professionally straight away.
Adobe Photoshop: Used for editing and manipulating photographs and images. Improve lighting and colour, add special effects, remove blemishes, create your own images from scratch, and more.
Adobe Illustrator: The standard software for graphics design, and where you do the majority of your work. Create any kind of vector art or illustration your mind is capable of thinking up!
Adobe Acrobat: Transform your work into a format than anyone can view – a PDF. This program also enables you to create, manipulate, print and manage your finished project files.
Adobe Dreamweaver: Design and develop beautiful websites with ease, complete with both a design view and code editor so you can see changes you make on all sides in real time.
Module 1 – Introduction to Graphic Design
- Preview Hello And Welcome
- Preview What Is Graphic Design?
- Preview Can Only Skilled Artists Be Good Graphic Designers?
- Preview Areas Of Graphic Design To Explore
Module 2 – Visual Communication Fundamentals
- Preview What Makes A Design Visually Pleasing
- Preview Organizing Information In Your Layouts
- Preview Using Alignment To Your Advantage
- Start Setting The Design’s Rhythm
- Start Letting A Design Breathe With Whitespace
- Start Creating Visual Interest With Contrast
- Start Designs That Work And Don’t Work
Module 3 – Building Successful Layouts
- Start Determining The Design’s Message
- Start The Terminology Of Type
- Start Typeface Styles & Resources
- Start Choosing A Typeface Hierarchy
- Start Understanding Colour’s Psychological Impact
- Start Building Your Design’s Colour Palette
- Start Understanding Colour Spaces
- Start Sourcing Imagery For Your Layouts
- Start Raster vs Vector Graphics
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]