The course will enable learners to:
- Increase their awareness of dementia care issues
- Develop their knowledge of person-centred approaches
- Identify ways of improving communication and interaction with people with dementia
- Understand the importance of diversity, equality and inclusion in person-centred care practice.
The online materials include quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through the course.
Each unit is accompanied by a workbook of portfolio exercises. They can be printed off and filled in by hand or completed on-screen. They are intended to enable learners to apply their knowledge to their work and / or provide evidence that the assessment criteria required to achieve the qualification have been covered.
The topics covered:
- Dementia awareness – what the term means, the different forms of the condition and possible risk factors
- How people with dementia experience the condition depending on factors such as age, type of dementia and their abilities / disabilities
- The importance of taking a person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Techniques for improving communication and interaction with people with the condition.
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.