If you employ staff who may disturb asbestos you must provide training so they are aware of the dangers and how to avoid them. This accredited course helps you meet those requirements.
This online course aims to develop an understanding of the risks of exposure to asbestos and provide the knowledge needed to avoid work that could disturb asbestos containing materials.
Asbestos is extremely hazardous. When asbestos is disturbed or damaged, fibres are released into the air which, if inhaled, can prove fatal. Just a small level of asbestos exposure can increase a person’s risk of developing an asbestos-related disease, such as lung cancer and malignant mesothelioma. Every year asbestos kills around 5000 workers, more than the number of people killed on the road.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 state that training is mandatory for anyone liable to be exposed to asbestos fibres at work, and this covers a long list of professions indeed. Responsibility lies with employers to ensure that such employees, or anyone who supervises those employees, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others. The HSE recognise online learning as a viable delivery method for asbestos awareness training.
In addition to initial asbestos awareness training, the HSE advise that refresher training is undertaken to help ensure that employee asbestos awareness is maintained. Regulation 10 states that this refresher training should be given at regular intervals. Again, online learning is cited as an effective way to deliver this training.
It is important to note that Asbestos Awareness Training is intended to give workers and supervisors the information they need to avoid disturbing asbestos. Further specialised training is required to prepare workers for knowingly carrying out work with asbestos-containing materials.
On completion of this course you will know:
- Where asbestos is likely to be present
- The health risks associated with exposure to asbestos
- The different types of asbestos
- How to undertake an asbestos survey
- The legal responsibilities
- What to do if asbestos is inhaled
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.