An Asbestos Awareness Course is mandatory for all workers who are liable to be exposed to asbestos while at work. This online asbestos course is IATP accredited and provides clear and compliant instruction.
The reason Control Of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR12) require employers to provide this training is that Asbestos can be extremely hazardous if disturbed because fibres released into the air can be fatal if inhaled. In the UK 2018/2019 there were 12,000 lung disease deaths related to past exposure at work.
Asbestos was commonly used in flooring, insulation and roofing until the late 1990s so many professionals are still likely to be exposed to asbestos while at work.
This IATP & CPD accredited course meets the Category A training requirements of CAR12. Using motion-graphic text, key lessons are communicated in an engaging, clear and concise way.
This online course aims to develop an understanding of the risks of exposure to asbestos and provide the knowledge needed to avoid work that could disturb asbestos containing materials.
On completion of this course you will know:
- Where asbestos is likely to be present
- The health risks associated with exposure to asbestos
- The different types of asbestos
- How to undertake an asbestos survey
- The legal responsibilities
- What to do if asbestos is inhaled
At the end of the IATP & CPD accredited online Asbestos Awareness course there is a 15 question, multiple-choice quiz. If learners demonstrate their understanding of course content by achieving a minimum score of 80% they will receive their certificate. If learners score less than 80%, they can revisit any part of the course and retake the quiz until they are successful.
This Asbestos certificate is valid for 3 years.
Anyone who may come in contact with asbestos. For example, workers involved with the maintenance, construction and demolition of houses and buildings. Especially older buildings (pre-1990s).
This online Asbestos Awareness course should be undertaken by any worker who may disturb the fabric of a building. Therefore, potentially exposing themselves to asbestos.
This Asbestos Awareness online course is registered by IATP, the Independent Asbestos Training Providers. An independent body who only recognise training that has been audited by an independent expert.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.