Take George, who was made redundant in his 50s and wanted a less stressful job closer to home, but found it difficult to be taken seriously in interviews.
Many people make assumptions and have misconceptions about people like George, which have nothing to do with George, himself, and everything to do with his age. Would your staff be able to look beyond this prejudice and see George, the individual?
More and more organisations are reaping the business rewards of a mixed-age workforce. Make sure yours is one of them.
The Equality Act 2010 makes it illegal to discriminate against employees, job seekers or trainees on the grounds of age.
Developed in partnership with The Employer’s Forum on Age (EFA), this online course provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of an age-diverse workforce.
‘Age: Realising the benefits of anage diverse workforce’ willenable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- Employers’ and employees’ responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
- Why age is a key aspect of diversity.
- Why it is misleading, unreasonable and unlawful to make assumptions about people’s abilities based on age alone.
- How an ‘age-balanced’ workforce can give your organisation a healthy combination of fresh thinking, new ideas, stability and Experience.
- How to create the right atmosphere so your organisation can reap the benefits of a mixed age workforce.
- What actually constitutes harassment on the grounds of age
- Age laws designed to protect employees throughout their working lives
Part 1 –Includes • Manager’s module on when people join, are working or leaving • Assessment quiz.
Part 2 –Includes • Legislation • Case studies • Assessment quiz.
10% discount for between 10 users purchased, 15% discount for between 20 users purchased and 20% discount for 30 or more purchased. For discounts on larger volumes please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]